The Naftali Group (“TNG”) has an immediate opening for a highly intelligent, motivated, and detail-oriented Assistant Controller to join our Accounting Team located in New York City. The Assistant Controller is responsible for all aspects of accounting and reporting as it relates to all development and construction projects of the company.
- The applicant must be highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Timberline, and standard practices of AIA payment documents especially G702 / G703 requisitions and lien waivers. Yardi and other real estate accounting software experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 3 -5 years recent accountant level experience.
- Applicant will be responsible for processing, tracking, and coordinating monthly payments for all construction managers and subcontractors on ground-up New York City development construction projects as well as existing multifamily holdings.
- Responsible for the processing, reviewing, coding, tracking and general ledger posting of construction draws for multiple projects.
- The applicant will be responsible for preparing and compiling full draw applications to lenders in AIA formats on a monthly basis.
- Applicant will review and enhance the existing system of controls and financial reporting for development and construction projects.
- Interact with internal and external customers, other accounting team members, asset managers, property managers, construction project managers and all necessary departments to ensure prompt resolution of issues and achieve maximum efficiency of operations.
INTERNSHIP: FINANCIAL ANALYST
The Naftali Group (“TNG”) has an immediate opening for a highly intelligent, motivated and detail-oriented Real Estate Financial Analyst Intern , currently enrolled in a graduate studies program to join our Acquisitions Team located in New York City.
This is an opportunity for an individual with an interest in real estate to join a thriving, fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial investment firm. This Intern will have direct participation and exposure to the acquisition and development process and to the firm’s Principals, allowing them to rapidly expand their industry knowledge, financial structuring ability, development skills and overall business acumen. The Acquisitions Intern will carry out various tasks including:
- Underwriting real estate investment opportunities
- Preparing presentations for the Investment Committee
- Assisting in creating investment summaries for debt and equity capital raising
Though each student brings unique talents and perspective to an internship, the most successful share common strengths, including:
- Interest in the real estate industry
- Excellent analytical skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and strong oral and written communication skills
- Problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively